BOARD OF ZONING APPEALS COMMISSION MEETING
City Staff Members Present:
Mr. Shields called the Board of Zoning Appeals meeting to order. Attendance was taken and Mr. Beyer and Mrs. Thomas-Roth were not present.
1. Mr. Shields asked if there were any additions or corrections to the minutes from the February 10, 2004 meeting. There were none so Mr. Marsh moved that the minutes be approved. Mr. Shields seconded the motion. All concurred and the minutes were accepted.
2. 04-05 - A request from Union Depot, 130 South Main Street for a variance of the sign regulations to install an ATM machine.
Mr. Applegate showed the board members a diagram of the layout for 130 South Main Street and where the ATM machine would be located. Mr. Applegate, Mr. Green, the building and zoning inspector, and Mr. Kremer, one of the owners of Union Depot who was present, had met several times to determine the best location for the ATM. Then the proposal was reviewed by Richard Oaks, Union's traffic engineer and a few additional changes were made. The plan locates the ATM machine in a place which will allow good traffic flow on the Union Depot property and would not cause any interference with traffic on State Route 48.
Mr. Packard moved that the sign variance be granted. Mr. Shields seconded the motion. All concurred and the sign variance was granted.
3. Open Agenda
Mr. Marsh asked when the light pole would come down at Owl Drug store. Mr. Applegate said that they had to wait until Dayton Power and Light removed the service line.
4. Mr. Shields moved that the Board of Zoning Appeals meeting be adjourned. Mr. Packard seconded the motion. All concurred and the meeting was adjourned.
PLANNING COMMISSION MEETING
Lynne Thomas Roth
City Staff Members Present:
Mrs. Lynne Thomas-Roth called the planning commission meeting to order. Attendance was taken and Mr. Shields was absent.
1. Mrs. Thomas-Roth asked if there were any additions or corrections to the minutes from the April 13, 2004 planning commission meeting. There were none so Mr. Marsh moved that the minutes be approved. Mr. Packard seconded the motion. Mrs. Thomas-Roth and Mr. Beyer abstained, Mr. Marsh and Mayor Packard voted for the motion and the minutes were approved.
2. 04-07 - Application for final plat approval for Concord Meadows, Section 6.
Mr. Applegate said this is the next section of Concord Meadows and meets with the preliminary plan that was approved. Mr. Applegate said they did find a minor correction that needs to be done to comply with the R-PUD regulations. There is a requirement that twenty percent of the lots have to be a minimum of 74 feet wide and these lots are all sixty-five feet wide. Mr. Knobler has been notified and the problem occurred when the former engineer did not relay the information to the new engineer.
Mr. Knobler commented that he would have the plan adjusted.
moved to approve the final plat plan for Section 6, Concord Meadows,
contingent on the Woolpert review and change of lot widths being
modified to comply with the city's code.
Mr. Knobler said there was one more section left of doubles and there were ninety-three more lots left to be built. He was anticipating three or four more phases.
3. 04-08 - Application for final plat approval for Stoney Crest subdivision, Section 4.
Mr. Applegate said they are just getting streets ready for Section 3 so he was not expecting the section 4 application coming so soon.
Mr. Applegate said that pending the final review from Woolpert, this plan meets the city requirements.
Mayor Packard moved that the final plat for Stoneycrest, Section 4 be approved contingent on the Woolpert review and final city review. Mrs. Thomas-Roth seconded the motion. All concurred and the motion was passed.
4. Open Agenda
There was nothing for the open agenda.
5. Mr. Beyer moved that the planning commission meeting be adjourned. Mr. Marsh seconded the motion. All concurred and the planning commission meeting was adjourned.