The City of Union has regulations regarding what kinds of vehicles can be parked on City streets and on or around property in Union:
RVs as well as boats, pop-up campers, trailers, and ski jets, cannot be parked in the front or side yard of any residential property except for a period of loading or unloading, not to exceed 48 hours.
Utility trailers are not allowed to be parked on city streets, alleys, or city right of ways in Union. Permission may be granted for parking on the street for a reasonable length of time by the City Manager or his designee depending on the purpose- if work is being done on the property. Anyone in violation would be guilty of a minor misdemeanor.
Vehicle Repair and Restoration
Repairing, rebuilding, or dismantling any vehicle or trailer in an open yard is prohibited.
Parking or storage of any truck or commercial vehicle over 11,500 pounds gross vehicle weight is prohibited in any front yard, side yard, or roadway.
Parking on Posted Private Property
If an owner of private property posts on the property a sign prohibiting parking, vehicles may not be parked at that site without the owner’s consent.
The exact wording of Union Code Section 1153.01C on Vehicles and Other Vehicles reads:
(1) No recreational vehicles, except as set forth herein, shall be parked or stored in the front or side yard in an “R” District except for parking anywhere on the premises for a period not to exceed forty-eight hours during loading and unloading. Recreational vehicles less than six feet in height may be parked or stored in the side yard in any “R” District provided that such vehicle is screened by a six foot fence and is not visible from the street. No such recreational vehicle shall be used for living, sleeping, or housekeeping purposes when parked or stored on the premises or when parked or stored in any location not permitted by this subsection.
(2) No person shall occupy any mobile home on any premises in any “R” District of the City. The temporary parking of a mobile home on any premises for a period not exceeding forty-eight hours shall be permitted, provided that no wheels are removed, no living quarters are maintained, and no business is conducted in such mobile home while so parked; and further provided that no front yard shall be occupied by such mobile home.
(3) In any “R” district, the following provisions as to the parking and storage of trucks, commercial vehicles, automobiles, other vehicles, or trailers shall apply:
A. The repairing, rebuilding, or dismantling of any vehicle or trailer in an open yard is prohibited.
B. The parking or storage of any truck or commercial vehicle of over 11,500 pounds gross vehicle weight shall be prohibited in any front yard, side yard, or roadway within the City.
(4) The off-street parking, storage, or display for sale of a vehicle on an unpaved area of a front yard or required side yard in an “R”, “R-O” or “R-PUD” zoning district is prohibited. In other zoning districts, the temporary parking and storage of vehicles or trailers, other than in commercial storage facilities, may be permitted provided the area used is paved, the temporary periods do not exceed two months in a twelve-month period, and the vehicles or trailers are necessary to the use conducted on the zoning lot.
(5) No automobile, truck, trailer, recreational vehicle or other vehicle other than that registered to the resident or property owner for more than ninety days, may be displayed for sale by parking or storage in an open yard.
(6) Utility trailers shall not be stored or parked in a front yard or required side yard in an “R”, “R-O” or “R-PUD” zoning district.